I have to eat every two hours or I become a very cranky person. Usually, in the morning I have plenty of willpower so snacks consist of an apple and peanut butter or an orange. The afternoons when work is crazy it’s a completely different story. Left to my own devices, I will eat an entire bag of Stacy’s Roasted Jalapeno Pita chips or a bag of Cheetos. That’s where yogurt bark has been a lifesaver. This simple snack can be made in 10 minutes or less and kept in the freezer up to a month. I love it because I can combine salty and sweet things. Pretzels and chocolate? Nuts and fruit? Whatever fits your fancy!
How to make yogurt bark
Making yogurt bark is as simple as combining 3 cups of plain yogurt and 1/4-1/2 cup of honey. Spread it out on a parchment lined cookie sheet and then sprinkle whatever toppings you desire! Pop in the freezer for 3 hours and voila! A delicious dessert whenever you need it!
I will even do a couple of different flavor combinations on one cookie sheet–plain chocolate for the kiddo and white chocolate with blueberries for me! Let me know what your favorite combos are!Print
In less than 10 minutes of prep time, you can whip up a super satisfying snack to quell any crazings
- 3 cups plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup honey
- Mixings: blueberries, strawberries, granola, chocolate chips, pretzels or nuts
- Mix the yogurt and honey together in a bowl
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Spread the yogurt in a thin layer on the cookie sheet
- Top with your choice of mixings
- Freeze for three hours
- Break apart
- Store in airtight container-separate pieces with parchment paper and keep in the freezer.